Sunday, July 16, 2006

Quarter-life crisis purchases

I am an absent blogger. And for now, I'm okay with that.

This week was crazy, and I think I'm in for more of the same for this next little while. Put together: 1) busiest vacation time of the summer, 2) a business you run based around people's vacations (I have never been around so many different cats in one week in my entire life), and 3) a staffing level teetering on "emergency, emergency, we need to hire ten people", and 4) one of those staff on her way out in the next two weeks. Eeks. But, I have to say that as long as I get my sleep (and I'm talking comotose at like 9PM) the days usually shape up to be not so bad.

So, Friday was my birthday, which was pretty fun. Well, not really fun in a sense that I partied my ass off and got wasted and all those things that used to be fun to do on your birthday, but I didn't go to bed til 11:30, drank way too much wine with my kick-ass bloody steak at The Keg, and actually allowed myself to take a lunchbreak during the work day. Cause on your birthday you shouldn't be cranky due to low blood sugar.

Lots of people gave me cash for my birthday, which was stupendous, because for once I knew what I wanted to buy instead of just paying off my Visa with it or buying Subway or something. I bought myself (along with contributions from my Mummy, my Papa, my Grammie and Grampie, and Sexy Boyfriend) the most bitchin'est kick-ass snowboard EVER!!! I love it sooooo much. Here it is:

I friggin' love it so much I would almost make out with it!!!

I've been thinking about the snowboard for quite a while, and we've gone looking several times, and I kinda had my eye on a different one, but wasn't quite sure, and the prices went down, but then I didn't know if I really liked the design and the colors of the other one (which I know is not the most important thing when buying a snowboard, but the cuter I look, the more I'll want to ride it, right?), and then we went into the shop, and I saw this one, and my heart went pitter-pat and I knew I couldn't leave without it. Now I only have to wait like five more months for enough snow to ride it.

Pair this with the present I got SB for his birthday, a 3-day weekend rental of a Ducati sportbike, which we will hopefully actually get to use this summer, and I think we were hit harder by our respective QLC (quarter life crises) then we would like to admit. But by goodness, we just might fatally wound ourselves yet!

Not much else is happening. I felt a little nostalgic on Thursday, right before my birthday, thinking about all the stuff that's happened over the past year, but I kinda don't feel like writing about that right now. So stay tuned for melodrama and sentimentality. Woop woop.

No comments: