Monday, February 12, 2007

While you were having a wonderful weekend...

I WAS DYING!

Dying, I say.

Or at least had a very, very bad cold. Which I still have, but am fighting raucously whilst trying to prepare for air travel on Friday. I have flown with a head full of snot before, and it sucked hard.

So, Friday I woke up pretty much blown down, with a runny nose and zero energy. I had no walks, so that was a blessing, but it just kept getting worse and worse. I NyQuilled. I DayQuilled. I moaned about how I was on Death's doorstep. Sexy Boyfriend seemed indifferent.

Today I woke up feeling slightly better than I have been, meaning I wasn't leaking anymore. But then while I was dropping off the doggies from my group I was sucking on a cough drop (the menthol gets the sinuses moving), and I had one of those moments when you inhale at the exact moment that a bit of saliva is there, and then you feel like you are drowning, and then I had a coughing fit. The dogs thought it was very fun. Almost as fun as when I turn on the rear windshield wiper and scare them.

So, now I can't talk without squeaking. I will be taking more NyQuil in about twenty minutes and climbing into bed.

Which, by the way, is extra comfy because SB and I bought new pillows this weekend!!! I thought it might be good to get out of the house on Saturday (which, by the way, was so not a good idea and left me in a clammy sweat), and we had been meaning to use our Bay gift cards. They had a pillow sale, and bam, here we are with four new pillows and a whole lot of great sleep. I have been a goose down girl for a very long time, but recently began thinking that they may be contributing to my allergies, (probably not to down, but maybe the dust mites that like to live in there), so the new pillows are poly-fill and hypoallergenic. I love them.

Ya, way more then you needed to know about my bedroom, but how often does something this exciting happen?

No comments: