Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Multi-tasking - perhaps not my forte

Well, now I've done it. I've come down with a cold. I think. I woke up very stuffy and throat very scratchy, then had to run around all day in the rain like a crazy dog-walker...

One of my employees has been off the past three days for a family emergency. I'm hoping she'll be back tomorrow, because, frankly, I'm exhausted. It's one thing to be a walker, which is fun, and sometimes crazy, but the days go by really fast. It's another thing to do that and mind the phone in case someone has an emergency (thank heavens none of the cars broke down this week!) , answering messages, and trying to keep on top of the emails that are coming in.

So, now I'm getting sick. I came home tonight and took a bath, which was actually just so-so since the water didn't seem hot enough, and the tub is never full enough. Then I had some chicken noodle soup (Lipton packet, with the THIN NOODLES - only the thin noodles work.) Now I'm vegging out in front of the TV with a giant headache and an achy back (but with warm feet, Gabby just came and cuddle up on them). I've tried to convince Sexy Boyfriend to bring home Frosties from Wendy's, so hopefully in about ten minutes I'll be cuddled in bed on the heating pad with him eating yummy cold chocolate treat making my throat feel numb.

No comments: