Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A woman obsessed

I have a new obsession. It is nerdy. And I'm not sure you will understand.

I have been knitting socks.

Beautiful striped socks using thin, soft yarn and tiny little needles. The first sock took me four day, two of which were weekend days. And my office work has been blatantly ignored.

When I started knitting the sock, I asked SB if he thought he would wear those socks and he said "yes, I think I would love to wear those socks". So I SWEAR I measured his foot (actually, I had him measure his foot, because, you know) and followed the pattern for his foot's length, but somehow the sock ended up only big enough for me. So the first pair will be mine. :) When I finish them both, I will post a photo of me modeling them. They are beautiful!

At the same knitting store where I bought my sock yarn, I also found more of the cashmere yarn I made SB mom's hat and scarf out of, so now I have enough to make myself a pair of mitts!

I know, not very exciting to the average human, but these projects have taken over all my free time and I love it. I even have a sore hand from all the knitting. But it's fun to work on projects that are actually useful, and with yarn that is nice and will make you want to wear it.

Stay tuned for socks!

No comments: