Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Third time's a charm! Not really

Attempt number three at the snowboarding thing took place last night. I'm really starting to think that I'm not going to catch on to this thing. At least the snow was nice, so falling wasn't as painful as last time, but I was so afraid of falling because of my last experience that it was hard for me to try any new skills.

It was really cold (I think -20 was what we heard on the radio) plus the windchill, which at the top of the mountain was pretty crazy, but I didn't even notice because I was so terrified of falling, or getting run over by the little punks that obviously don't understand English or French when they see the signs that say "family zone/reduced speed".

Anyway, it took over an hour to do one run, and then it was time to go because they were shutting things down. SB is getting frustrated with me, I think, but I can't help it. I am so scared, so I go slow, and then my legs get killer sore because I'm so tense and always using the same muscles cause I still can't use my front edge. Ugh. I called yesterday to try and book a private lesson, but they didn't have any appointments available. I might try to get one for Friday afternoon. I think it will help to have a stranger yelling at me instead of SB.

When we got home I was freezing to death, so I took a hot shower, put on my pyjamas and crawled into bed. Then I was still freezing so I put on a hooded sweatshirt and wore the hood all night. That's how cold it was, cause until two nights ago we've been sleeping with the window open.

No comments: