Sunday, May 07, 2006

Another way that babies take the joy out of shopping

Next weekend is a pretty big weekend for me - Mother's Day is Sunday, so I've been internet shopping to find something to send to the two mom's (mine and SB's), Sunday is also our anniversary (8 years together, 1 year engaged), and on Saturday I am attending a baby shower.

This will be my first baby shower since I was like ten. I don't have any friends who have had babies, and my sisters are WAY too young to have babies. Plus babies seriously freak me out. I thought that shopping for a baby would be easy, so I headed out to Gap, because that's pretty much the only store I shop at, and started wading through the Baby sales rounder and tried to squeeze around all the giant Hummer strollers taking up all the fucking space in that baby department. I found a few pieces that were super cute, and I decided to buy something that will fit the baby later on in the summer. I thought I had it all under control, until I realized that I had an armload of clothes, none of which matched the other. Pinks that were one shade darker, or not quite the same tone. Things that matched, but were two different sizes. I started to sweat.

Luckily, I was visiting the Gap where I worked not so long ago, and one of my friends, Olivia, helped me find a cute little orange and pink outfit. So cute. Then, after paying, I called Ems to confirm that I had made okay choices - little shorts, a T, and a hoodie. She said it sounded great, and she has successfully weaned and clothed two babies, so she should know, right?

No comments: