Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Live from the N.B.

We decided late on Saturday that we would indeed take this week off from work to go home to New Brunswick for a little downtime before we take over the business. So, we left on Sunday and drove all day. It was the first time in a long time that we drove down during the daytime, and Sexy Boyfriend got a really funny sunburn from the sunroof. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if I had been able to keep my eyes open for more than five minutes and actually take turns driving, but we won't get into that. Anyway, he ended up with only the right side of his face burned, because the sun was beating down through the roof. It looks normal enough now, but was kinda funny on Sunday night.

I've been taking it easy, and yet have been very busy. Yesterday I ran errands with my mom all day, then had dinner with her and my sister. After that, SB's family had people over for dessert, so I went there for the evening and picked up my other sister, Sara, at work at midnight. Today, I drove my mom to work, then subsequently turned around to pick her up because her boss told her to take the week off and have fun visiting. Then I drove Sara back to work, then changed into a tank top and helped my mom stain the deck. This was an "entire afternoon" activity, whereas I originally thought it would only take us a couple of hours. My shoulders are now killing me, both from hunching over and painting on the stain, and also from the massive sunburn I got, which I know is bad for me, but it just hurts so good.

After deck staining duties, it was time to put streaks in Rachel's (the youngest sister's) hair. I was terrified, but also very into it. It was super fun and I took a really funny photo of her with a combination of foils and cap, which I will upload when I get back home to my computer.

Then I made pork tenderloin dinner for my family and SB, and now I'm finally just chillin'. I am so glad that it's not Christmas time, because it's always stressful to take vacation then, but I feel like so far my vacay has been pretty jam packed with exciting goodness.

Only five vacation days left. Scho Schad.

No comments: