Saturday, August 20, 2005

100 Things

1. I have two dogs and one cat who I treat like children
2. I have a boyfriend of 7 years - we got engaged a few months ago.
3. I have two Bachelor of Arts degrees - one in Biology and one in Creative Writing. Don't ask.
4. My favorite color was blue, but I think it's changing. I'll let you know.
5. I have three tattoos
6. I hate my job so much I want to rip my eyes out. This was actually an alternative title for my blog, but got edged out.
7. My grandfather has been saying I have a memory like a steel trap since I was three. I'm still not sure what that means.
8. I like to play with punctuation - the - dash - is - my - favorite.
9. Within the next year I want to live in a house with a yard.
10. I want the yard so my dogs (who are 10 and 11) can retire in comfort.
11. I can hold a grudge like nobody's business
12. I rarely seek vengeance.
13. When I do, I'm usually not as mean as I want to be.
14. My taste usually outweighs my budget by at least 100%.
15. I love buying gifts.
16. When I'm upset, I usually crave potatoes in one form or another.
17. When I was little I used to talk to myself - my grandfather said it meant I would be rich one day. Still waiting......
18. I'm a slave to TV, and strive every year to cut down my TV watching schedule. I always get sucked in.
19. I hate cooked peas, but love raw ones.
20. My cat is my favorite pet. Don't tell my dog.
21. I have a hard time saying no. Really.
22. I get jealous of other people's good fortune.
23. I don't have a problem saying "I'm so jealous of you"
24. I was born with a hole in my ear.
25. My grandmother is still the most influential person in my life, even though she was only part of it for 10 years.
26. I have two sisters. I hate when people point out they are my half sisters.
27. My dad died when I was 5 months old. I think this should make me sad, but it doesn't. It just makes me curious.
28. I have best friends from every stage of my life, and can't decide who my maid of honor should be.
29. I will probably postpone my wedding until I can decide.
30. I'm a clutterbug.
31. I'm very sentmental about objects, which greatly contributes to my clutterbuggedness.
32. I usually don't care about grammar on paper, but can't stand it when people speak incorrectly.
33. I hate reading anything written before 1900.
34. I would love to own a bookstore.
35. I've had writer's block for over a year.
36. I have seen the movie "Whale Rider" at least ten times. I still cry at the end.
37. REM has been my favorite band since Out of Time. I even love New Adventures in HiFi.
38. I've seen REM in concert only twice.
39. I have one Polish friend who taught me two Polish words: MAŁPA MAJTKI. It means Monkey Panties. She's the best.
40. I have weight issues, and usually put on weight when I'm depressed.
41. I've put on over ten pounds in the past month.
42. I cry when I'm (mad, sad, stressed) and am forced to have a conversation.
43. When I'm really mad, I just don't talk.
44. I can type at least 400 words per minute. Okay, I have never actually really measured. But it's really fast.
45. I drive a 2000 VW Jetta, and I'm really sad that I didn't trade her in for a new one before they came out with the new model. I guess I will keep her until they make another one as cute as she is.
46. I love choosing new paint colors for rooms.
47. I get tired of the painting project about halfway through.
48. I always fall asleep in the car.
49. One of my dreams in life is to own a doggie daycare.
50. I hate snow and have seriously considered giving up all of my democratic rights and moving to Cuba. (Sun, beach, rum, cigars, what's better than that?)
51. My tolerance for alcohol is even better than it was in university, and I only drink about 1/15th as much.
52. I love Coke, and Diet Pepsi, but hate Pepsi and Diet Coke.
53. Seeing my own blood makes me feel faint.
53. I am terrible at keeping in touch with people. Maybe the blog will help a little.
54. I'm usually shy around strangers, and have been told that sometimes I scare people who don't know me.
55. When I thought my iPod was broken, I cried in my car.
56. When I fixed my iPod myself, I yelled "Yay, I fixed it." and my boyfriend just said "ah, yeah" and kept watching TV.
57. I need it to be cold in order to have a good night's sleep.
58. I just started collecting first edition books.
59. I love Starbucks, and am sad that we don't have more of them in Montreal
60. I'm a world class procrastinator.
61. I have no discipline.
62. I shop to cure depression.
63. Sometimes trying on clothes makes me more depressed.
64. I love to run and would choose running over any other 1-man exercise.
65. I hate feet and force my boyfriend to wear socks 90-95% of the time I'm around him, especially to bed.
66. Sometimes I can't sleep because I think he's trying to trick me and has taken off his socks.
67. I don't like children. They make me uncomfortable 80% of the time.
68. I'm pretty sure I've seen every single episode of all Law and Order series, including the two-hour special return of Mike Logan on the regular Law and Order that aired in the '98-99 season. I'm so glad he's coming back to Criminal Intent.
69. I get crushes on weird celebrities.
70. I don't remember much about half the stuff I've studied.
71. I've thought about signing up for one of those pharmaceutical company studies that pays compensatory indemnities.
72. Bad driving annoys me and I often honk and/or give the finger to at least one person on my way to work.
73. My road rage-ish tendencies have scared at least one of my friends.
74. I've never had an accident or a traffic ticket.
75. I believe in knocking on wood, and just did so to avoid getting into an accident or getting a traffic ticket this week.
76. Turning 20 made me really sad, and I'm scared I'll feel the same about 30.
77. One of my dogs scares me. He has bit me in the foot on more than one occasion.
78. I love Italy, especially Rome, and can't wait to go back.
79. I've never been to New York City.
80. I hate golf, but if I played it, I'm sure I'd been one of the people who throws their clubs when they're mad.
81. I own every issue of the last six years of Martha Stewart's Weddings magazine.
82. I say "That's right" a lot.
83. I'm pretty sure I'm a handy person, but am usually too lazy to actually do anything handy.
84. I love Winnie the Pooh - less than I did a couple of years ago, but still significantly.
85. I am obsessed with animals who have long necks - giraffes and ostriches are my favorites.
86. I really want to pet a tiger before I die.
87. I only recently overcame my fear of rollercoasters - now I want to go to Disney World!
88. I am terrified of deep water and almost drowned while trying to snorkel in Cuba cause I was in such a panic.
89. I'm usually a great judge of character, and when I'm wrong about someone, I'll admit it.
90. I hate hypocrites.
91. The only jewelry I wear are: one pair of earrings, my engagement ring, and the ring Eric gave me the second birthday we were together.
92. I'm terrible at doing my hair. If I'm running late, I get so stressed about it I start to perspire. This makes it even worse.
93. I don't smoke, but don't mind when people around me do.
94. I've partaken in very few illegal drugs and for the most part was unimpressed.
95. I love when it rains really hard.
96. It doesn't matter how many hours of sleep I get - if I have to get up before 10 AM I am usually cranky until noon.
97. I no longer have my tonsils, adnoids, and wisdom teeth.
98. My favorite fast food is still McDonald's, even though I worked there for like five years.
99. My goal is to have a job I don't really care about so I can actually get some writing done when I'm at home.
100. Sometimes I find very inappropriate things hilarious, and have trouble holding in my laughter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also HATE when people remind me that we're half sisters. I don't even think of it like that!

also, the eric sock thing made me laugh...lol

-Sara