Friday, November 30, 2007

A happy ending

We have reached the end of the line folks. Here sitteth my final post of NaBloPoMo. I do not have it in me to write anything meaningful, no summation of this month and the exercise of taking time each and every day to devote to a task other than work. I barely have enough vocabulary to ...

Ya I just totally lost my train of thought there. I got nothing.

One of my girls and I were totally heroes today. A guy we see regularly walking in the forest lost his dog. She saw him when she was finishing up her first group and he told her that little Herman was lost. So when I finished my groceries I went to the mountain and made my own trip up, looking for Herman on the way, and when I saw his owner I took all his info just in case one of us found him.

I left the mountain as my girl was on her way there. About an hour later she called me: she found Herman! When I called his owner, he was SO happy - but there was a problem. He had driven around the back of the mountain up to the top in case Herman had slipped through a fence and was running around in the cemetary up there. And when he drove down the driveway, he got his truck stuck in the snow. So I gave him my number, and he said he would call when he got the truck out.

About 20 minutes later, he called to say he couldn't get the truck out, even with the help of a passerby, so he had called CAA and they would be there in 30 minutes.

Then 1 1/2 hours later, he called to say he just got the truck out because when CAA came their truck got stuck.

I totally didn't mind. Because the whole time Herman was here at my place and we were just chillin'.


I felt really happy when Herman's dad arrived to pick him up - it was pretty awesome to see Herman's reaction to being reunited, although I think he was kinda sad that it was time to leave before he got to take a bite out of Simon's ass.

I also felt very happy that Herman's dad's horrible day from hell was over (hopefully). I know how it feels to have such a rotten day, and I'm glad that we were able to help in the end. I hope this goes in the karma bank. It'll help negate all the attitude I give homeless people, hopefully.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Not that I should talk, but...

Just because you blogged for the whole month, you can't just LEAVE now!!! You have an audience; an audience, I'll remind you, who now expects a daily dose of your life!!

Geeesh!