Friday, January 06, 2006

Gone to the dogs

On Wednesday, I started my new job as a dog-walker.

I LOVE IT!!!

It is so fun, and relaxing, and refreshing and FUN!

My schedule is relaxed, as long as I get all the clients in their preferred times if possible. I don't have to deal with any aggrevating people getting in my face about what they feel like they're entitled to. Traffic isn't even that bad. My car is my office, and since I eat lunch there it's forcing me to bring food with me instead of fast food (no drive thrus or food courts in the city!). Between eating better and all the walking I'll probably lose a ton of weight. Hopefully my mini love-handles will be gone by the time we leave on vacation (two weeks).

I'm falling in love with all the doggies and kitties I'm meeting. They all have such funny personalities, and are all pretty different from each other. I walk a Great Dane - today I gave her a cookie at the end of the walk. I made her sit to take the cookie, which she did, and then to ask for the cookie she pawed me and her paw reached past my belly button. And she was sitting!

There are also two Akitas that we walk. I have never met an Akita, but I have fallen head over heels for these dogs. One is only a few years old and is funny and hyper, and the other is like ten and is relaxed and sweet. They are really beautiful dogs, and remind me of big teddy bears.

I'm going to bring my camera to work so I can take pictures of all my sweeties. They make my day go by so quickly, and I have so much fun with them. I feel so good that I'm doing something that I LOVE doing, that gives me a regular schedule (I'm home by six every night - SIX O'CLOCK!), with weekends off - I feel like no one can be this lucky. I've been putting some ideas together, and hopefully will get some writing done within the next week or so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you love your job and i can't wait to see the pictures.

-Sara

Anonymous said...

Yay for Julie! Finally! Sounds like a dream. No more stress for you. Hopefully I'm right behind you..