Wednesday, April 19, 2006

And I thought the bra thing was bad.....

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while - I know it's something that happens to all bloggers from time to time, but I still feel guilty.

I have been eyebrows deep in a spreadsheet for the past three days trying to figure out whether the hell our BIG thing is feasible. And when all I'm thinking about is the thing, but I can't talk about the thing, then that doesn't leave much to write about, now does it?

I officially started running today. It was pretty rough, to tell the truth. I ran with the Goosinator, which was definitely very interesting, and also a godsend. I am used to running with a dog who knows how to run, who trots along steadily at my side and keeps their eyes on the road (eventually, by about 3/4 of the way into the run I start to have delusions that the doggie is mocking me, which makes me even more determined to finish the run). Goosie is not a dog like this. Goosie is only interested in looking at me, even on a normal day, he seems mesmerized by me and it's kinda creepy sometimes. He also thinks that this running thing is a game, not a means of getting to a destination, so he spent half the run leaping in the air trying to get me to play tug with his leash. This was at once exhausting and great - it was tiring when he pulled on the leash, but it also gave me the opportunity to stop, scold him, and simultaneously take a breather without looking like a total out of shape loser. About halfway into my intended run time Goosie caught on to what the real goal was and calmed down. I ended up falling short of my goal time, but think I did pretty well nonetheless. It takes a few outings to really get into that rhythm, when it actually feels good. For now I felt like a giant fist was hammering me into the sidewalk with everystep, while squeezing the life out of me.

So that's what's going on. Exciting, huh? Oh, also we bought a dishwasher, but it only arrives next week, so expect fun posts about housework from the eyes of someone who has NEVER owned a dishwasher before. Ever. In my whole life. Tune in soon, kids.

No comments: