Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The rash came back, the very next day....

So, the rash came back today, although ten times less nasty than yesterday thanks to some fabulous Benedryl which provided me with the best sleep I've had in weeks, and also some Reactine this morning. I am starting to think that I was quick to condemn this little guy:


Why would I jump to this conclusion? Perhaps because I did not want to believe that the evil-doer was this little guy:



This is Che, and he's 5 months old. He is sweet and gentle and calm, and is learning his training quickly. He's pretty much the perfect puppy. He makes me want to have a puppy. Even when he poops and it's green and runny, it still doesn't seem that bad cause he's just so damn sweet. Today, after walking him, was when I started to get my little red splotches again. I had been down on the floor playing fetch with him and cuddling him because who can resist a cuddle with a puppy? Who? Not me, that's who. And for a little guy who is being crate trained, it's important that he gets to do fun things like play fetch and cuddle so that he doesn't develop the urge to get back at whoever puts him in the crate. But I think he is already revolting against me, and we've only known each other a little over a month.

I have never in my life been allergic to any dog, ever. Or cat for that matter. Never. Not even a little sniffle. So I'm kind of traumatized that i might be allergic to an animal. I talked to my mom about it and she said that rashes can take days to fully go away, and can still flare up even if you haven't had contact with the offensive item (or doggie) for days. Since I only walk Che on Mondays and Tuesdays, we will see if my rash goes away by next week, and then if it comes back when I walk him again. Also, I'm pretty sure it's not Che himself that is giving me hives, but maybe whatever shampoo they're usingon him, or something else in the apartment. I'm pretty sad that if it's something to do with him I will have to give him up to one of my colleagues. I (heart) Che.

In other news, non-related to my disgusting skin issues, I was walking in the park yesterday when I saw this:



I know it's hard to see, but that's a guy running a metal detector-type machine in a baseball field. Now, if the guy looked a little sloppy, or if he was pursuing this endeavor alone, I would think it was just some guy looking for change lost during the winter. But there were three people with detectors, all dressed decently, all in the same corner of the field. One guy was on his hands and knees digging in the dirt. It made me think they were CSI or something looking for a body on a tip. Then that made me think that maybe I should watch less TV.

No comments: