Friday, November 04, 2005

Melancholy in my sole

I have been struggling with some work stuff lately in that I seemingly hate my job, but am not sure I have the right to hate my job, since my job is really not that bad, and until I realized I hate my job I was actually having fun when I went there. While trying to figure out why I could be hating my job, I made a mental list of things I dislike about the job, and one thing stuck out. This is probably not the reason I am hating my job (I have that figured out already), but I'm absolutely positive it is contributing to my job melancholy.

I miss wearing pretty shoes.

I love wearing heels, especially boots with heels. With jeans, or even better, with dress pants. The dress pants at my store are the perfect length for me to wear with the boots that I like. So, I can't buy any of them to wear to work because the boots that I like will KILL my feet. And I will not have them hemmed, cause then when I go out (okay, so this is like a once a year occurence, but whatever), then I can't wear them with the boots I like.

PLUS this season there are SO MANY cute shoes and boots, so many that I am almost drooling by the time I leave Brown's.

Meanwhile, for work I am alternately wearing an old beat-up pair of black loafer-type shoes that are all scuffed and ugly, and also a pair of Puma trainers that are all scuffed and beat up and ugly. They were nice once, but now they are old and ugly. And I can't bring myself to spend money on a pair of comfortable, ugly shoes when there are SO MANY GORGEOUS shoes that I could be spending money on.

So sad.

2 comments:

Chris Lautischer said...

here's a post for foot fetishists
lol
:d

Anonymous said...

I think i'm developping a shoe obsession. I'm scared.

-Sara