Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Nothing's really going on - so here's this

I came home last night to find a surprising message on my answering machine. I had applied a few weeks ago to a company that does dog-walking. I know it sounds unglamorous, but I love dogs, and cats and most furry animals, so what could be better than working with them all day long? Anyway, when I originally sent my application, I got an email back saying they had already filled the position, but that they would keep my information on file, blah blah blah.

Yesterday they called saying another position had opened up and they would like to talk to me.
It's kind of exciting and scary at the same time. The pay is less than I make now, but the hours are regular, which is one thing I hate about my job now. I would have every weekend off. And be done work by five. Every day. Be still my heart.

Some of the drawbacks: Yucky winter weather, and having to go out in it instead of hiding inside or in my car. Less money. More dog poop than I would know what to do with, probably.

Anyway, I will give them a call and see what they have to say. I wouldn't be able to start with them until January, because no matter how unhappy I am in my work right now, I just wouldn't be able to leave them in a lurch over the holidays.

I was supposed to go for some blood tests this morning, but I chickened out. The last time I had blood taken I was in high school. My mom thought I might have mono, so she (being a nurse) brought home a kit and took my blood to test. I almost passed out at the kitchen table, and since then I have not had any blood taken. I know I have to go and have these tests done, but I also know that I am the queen of procrastination and will put it off as long as I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're definitely gonna get the job. I'm good at predicting these types of things and all signs point to yes!

-Sara