Sunday, October 23, 2005

Give me back my crossword!!!

Yesterday we decided to venture out for a shopping day, with a fresh dose of DayQuil in me - it made me dizzy, but I made it through. We walked all along Ste. Catherine, and I didn't even buy one thing - I must be sicker than I thought! Actually, the only thing I tried on was a Columbia parka, which was kind of tight, and it made me sad about my chubby state of being, so I didn't feel like trying on anything else. Sexy Boyfriend tried on a bunch of jeans and cords and stuff, but couldn't find anything that fit right, or was the right color, or didn't look too worn in.... so picky. Everyone knows when cords are $40, plus a 30% employee discount, you buy them. Nuf said.

After shopping, we went for dinner with Sexy Boyfriend's brother, R, and his girlfriend, D. Had yummy Scarolie's, which was pretty good, although I got a veal-stuffed pasta that wasn't as good as the dish I usually get. That'll teach me for trying new things. We then went to their apartment and had a rabble-rousing game of Scrabble, which was fun, although I am suspect of R's ability to keep score, since the boys beat us, but Sexy Boyfriend and I are both unsure how that could have happened what with mine and D's multitude of 20-30 point words. It was still really fun.

Today is rainy and gross outside, so I got up at 10, picked up breakfast, and some movies. I love spending the whole day inside when it's yucky out, cuddled on the sofa with the duvet, especially when I have even the slightest hint of sniffles. I am a bit ticked off though since several sections of yesterday's newspaper have gone missing including: Homefront, the section with all the real estate info for the week, which is particularly interesting lately, and also section F, which I'm not sure what section it is, but I know the front page says the Crossword is in Section F and I love the big fat Saturday crossword more than any of the other crosswords for the whole week and I wait all week for the Saturday crossword and when it goes missing, I get really really angry. Saturday has the big fat Tribune Crossword puzzle that takes at least an hour to work through, and usually I have to set it down and come back to it later so I can allow my brain to refresh. I'm not sure if someone tampered with our newspaper, or if Sexy Boyfriend accidentally threw these sections out, but I'm ticked. I doubt he would EVER throw these sections out because he is so paranoid about throwing out my favorite sections of the newspaper he will often leave the paper lingering for weeks until I throw it out. So, to whomever messed with my Saturday paper this week:

I will find out who you are, and when I do, oh you had better watch out. You have never seen the likes of my wrath when Saturday's crossword is missing, and if you know I'm talking about you, then I suggest you do one of two things: Run. Run far far away and never look back. If your family is at all important, than you should definitely take them with you because I will use them against you. Or, please return Section F of the Gazette from Saturday, October 22, 2005 to my doorstep post-haste. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOT THE CROSSWORD!!

-Sara