Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Now that's a baby!

Sexy Boyfriend is officially trying to sabotage my life - case in point: Sunday he tried to kill my dog.

He actually thought he was doing the dogs a favor by taking them out. But instead of the usual spin around the block for a #1 and a #2, and of course Charlie's infamous #3, he decided to walk them all the way to the big park (at least ten blocks away), and back, so it took like an hour and a half.

Our dogs are not pups. They are not even adolescents. They are full on geriatric cases, and extreme exercise is not a good idea. Let me refresh your memory:














So, on Monday morning, I had the opportunity to wake up to Gabby, whining, laying on her bed. Usually Gabby wakes me up whining, but it's because she wants to get up on the bed, so she is usually standing there, waiting for me to say "Get up on the bed Gabby." And then she jumps up and goes back to sleep. But not on Monday. Monday, when she woke me up, she was still laying in her bed. So I called her, and she could barely stand up. I had to give her big fat behind a boost so she could get up and cuddle. All day long she hobbled around, and didn't want to put weight on her back leg. I gave her some aspirin, cause I read on some websites that it's okay and relatively safe, and she seemed to feel better. I hope she doesn't have arthritis, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I think that, just like people, when animals exercise and they are not so used to exercising that much, they get all creaky. And when they are old, it is even worse. I think that's probably it.

In other news, I saw the fattest baby I've ever seen today. I mean, my little sister was pretty friggin fat when she was born, but grew out of it quickly enough (or grew into it, if you prefer). But this baby was like 4 or 5 months old, and his (?) head was like three times the size of mine. and his little face was all smooshed in from the fat. And he was grunting, so I'm pretty sure he was taking a dump. When he left the store, I approached one of my co-workers and asked if she had seen that baby. She said "I thought he was going to eat me!"

I did a Google image search, and this was the closest thing I could find to the monstrous baby i saw today. Except this baby looks older, but the head is about the same size.

No comments: