Sunday, October 16, 2005

What the hell is a District anyway?

Wow, so I just realized that I have had over 1000 visitors to my little Bloggo! How exciting! One day, I will find myself on Google. So far, no luck with that, but one day.... A girl can dream, can't she?

It was my weekend to work, and I am exhausted as usual. Tomorrow I'm only working at noon, so I finally get a little sleep-in action. Lots of great TV on tonight, so I'll cuddle in and watch that, then go to bed at a decent hour.

I spoke with Mummy yesterday, who told me some stories about my sister's roomate at university - apparently she is extremely spoiled and not very self-sufficient. I had a roomate like this once, too, but at least we didn't share an actually physical room, we just lived in the same house. Her parents had shipped her to Canada to do her degree cause her dad worked for the World Bank, and they apparently pay part of the tuition (or all or whatever I don't even know) if their employees' kids study abroad. She was from Washington DC, and her parents were divorced and so each of them spoiled her rotten in different ways.

Her mom used to call several times a day, and when I say several, I mean like a minimum of once every hour. For the first week we all tried sharing a phoneline (there were four of us total in the house) but her mom freaked out cause sometimes she couldn't get through (cause other people use the phone, you know) so they paid to get a second line installed. She also had a cell phone, so her mom could reach her when she wasn't at home. And they installed internet for her, so they could email.

Her dad paid all of her expenses, and gave her a Visa for groceries etc. She used to try to say "I'll pay for (booze, food, booze, pizza, booze, taxi, booze, poutine, booze) with the Visa and you guys can just pay me back." Basically trying to double her money, cause her dad was paying whatever was on the Visa, regardless of what it was. I should have told her I would mail the check to him.

Anyway, one time we were filling out forms or something like that, and had the following conversation:
Her: "What is the abbreviation for the state of Washington"

"WA, why?"

"Cause it's asking for my state, but I usually just write it out." (Totally serious look on her face)

"But you're not from Washington State." (chuckling on the inside)

"Then what state am I from?" (totally puzzled look on her face)

"DC - Washington DC, you know, the District of Columbia. Washington state is on the West coast. Seattle is in Washington."

"Don't tell anybody about this conversation, okay?"

"Ya, whatever." (laughing hysterically on the inside)

1 comment:

Jules said...

Yay for my first comment from a non-real-life friend! Thanks for the nice comment - the word verification was a necessity early on cause of spamming. Hope you find the rest of the posts as entertaining!