Friday, October 14, 2005

Nothing like a shot of the red stuff.

The dinner did not go so badly - I only wanted to cry like two or three times, but I didn't cry at all, so that's something. My outfit turned out great, but I am very tired today from all the shopping and then all the eating and drinking, and then I had to get up this morning for an appointment.

I have to work this weekend, and it is supposed to rain, so I'm sure it will be crazy busy. Yuck. I don't mind when it is steady, but when it is super busy I get really overwhelmed cause I'm still learning. Tonight was my first close by myself, and it actually went okay, but now I'm paranoid that something went wrong that I didn't even think to check and that I'm going to get in big trouble tomorrow. We'll see.

After mentioning our Cuba trip in the last post, and realizing that it is only three months away, I am SOOOO excited now! We went to Cuba last January as well, and had a really great time. For those of you who didn't see the photos, you can find them here. I felt so relaxed while we were there, and would have felt relaxed afterward as well if I hadn't contracted SARS and if Sexy Boyfriend hadn't caught the Bird Flu.

Actually, Sexy Boyfriend got a cold on the Tuesday, and was full of boogers and coughing a little, but it passed by Thursday, and he was still able to lounge on the beach and drink, so it was all good. On Wednesday, I started to feel a little down, Thursday I was coughing a bit, and by Friday I was snotting everywhere (I actually had to blow my nose in public, constantly. I hate blowing my nose in public.) By Saturday I was really dragging my ass around, but was still able to lounge and drink. I was only concerned about travelling while sick, cause I used to work for a travel insurance company and people are getting their eardrums busted all the time.

I have over the counter drug issues, in that at the slight sign of a sniffle I am all over NyQuil like white on rice. If my toe hurts sometimes I take NyQuil. NyQuil is my friend and cures everything. But for some reason, on this trip to Cuba, on this trip which I brought with me: Benadryl, antidiarrheal, tums, aspirin, advil, and probably like five other drugs, I did not bring even one dose of my good friend NyQuil. Not even a liqui-cap (which I don't find work as well, but maybe it's all psychological).

So, I got progressively worse, but still travelled home coughing like a horse and periodically clearing my ears so they wouldn't explode and deafen me. The day after we landed I went to the doctor and found out I had bronchitis, which I've never had before but apparently once you get it you are more susceptible. Great.

The payoff was I got an extra week off from my crappy job. But this year, we will NOT forget the NyQuil.

No comments: