Monday, October 24, 2005

Taxi!

I got a visit at work today from one of my ex-colleagues at The Job From Hell. It was so nice to see her, since we worked very closely for a long time, and when I started my new job, she brought flowers on my first day to say congratulations. I haven't seen her since, which is very sad. Every time we try to get together, the bunch of us that worked together, someone can't make it, or no one can make it, and it doesn't work out. She looks great!

Sexy Boyfriend has a business dinner tonight, so I am all alone. So sad. We also have zero food supplies, so I brought sushi home which was fun. Since he has the car, I had to take a cab, and $45 later, thank goodness it was paid for by his company.

When I used to work in St. Laurent, which is a 10-15 minute car ride when there's no traffic, and about 45 minutes with traffic, I did several public transport test runs. Each time I took public transportation to get to the old job, it took me no less than one hour and forty five minutes, and in one case I had been travelling for over two hours when I finally gave up and took a cab.

So, since my new job is even further west, there is no way in hell I will be taking the bus to or from work anytime soon. Hence, my cab ride this evening. No matter how boring it seems to ride for 35 minutes with a guy who barely speaks English and doesn't play the radio, it's a whole world away from 3 hours on the bus with smelly people who talk to themselves and play their iPods too loud and don't give up their seats for old ladies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jules,

I know how you feel about those bus trips!! Smelly people, loud kids, very annoying.

Jenn
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love visits from old friends...especially if you weren't sure you would see them much after you left that job

-Sara