Friday, September 02, 2005

Friday Night Celebration

Great news this morning! I got a phone call from the District Manager (DM) at my new job, and they have already given me a raise! The original offer had been a little lower than I expected, and I mentioned to the recruiter that I was a bit surprised since I had spoken with the DM about salary, and this was lower than we had talked about. Since I am starting in a manager in training position, and am expected to be promoted within six months, I took the offer, even though it was low, since the promise of promotion was within a pretty decent timeframe.

So, this morning the DM called to say he had just received my offer from HR, and realized the salary was lower than we had discussed, so he adjusted it to bring it a bit closer, and then with promotion it will go up again.

YAY!

This was my only con as far as accepting the offer, but things had gotten so bad where I was that I was willing to sacrifice a little for now. But now I have zero regrets at all!!!!

I walked up to the movie store today so that I could avoid TLC's scare tactics (see previous post), and I realized why I don't really like going outside that much. First of all, I have allergies. I don't have severe allergies, like stuffy, runny nose 24/7 from July til October. But, when I go outside in the late summer/early fall, my nose gets all stuffed up, and my eyes itch and burn, and I can't wait to get back inside.

Second reason I dislike leaving my house: there are some freaky people in my neighborhood. Overall, our neighborhood is pretty quiet, lots of old Italian people, and so you would think a walk around the block would be a relaxing experience. But no. I saw a guy who I'm pretty sure was drunk, reading a newspaper, stumbling up the sidewalk. It wasn't even noon. Then I saw two gangsta-looking kids walking two dogs that had the same coloring as pitbulls, but were obviously not pitbulls because they had dainty little paws, pointy ears, and long snouts. Were these poor man's gangstas? (MT!!) We don't live downtown. We live in a nice, residential area. Where do these people come from?

I would like to thank everyone who has been visiting the site on a regular basis - I hit 100 visitors today. YAY!!! To celebrate this and my raise (and also to entertain myself since Sexy Boyfriend has abandoned me in favor of an Alouettes game on my first Friday night of pseudo-unemployment) I will be watching movies, drinking some wine, and doing some writing. If anyone is going to be on Messenger later, it could be very exciting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie!!
I`m so happy about you already getting a raise. YAAAAAY. Me and Martin will also have a glass of wine tonight, and we will think of you.
PS:Isn`t it great being home?!
Barb

Jules said...

I love being off and forgetting about that rotten place. I haven't slept this well in months!!! Kinda sucks not having a car, but I guess it's saving me $$$ cause I'd just go shopping!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jules,

I am so happy for you. Brian and I are having some wine as well ce soir and we are toasting you. I read your previous post and nearly busted a gut. We are in the potty training stage w/ Quinnie so I definately won't be harrasing you about having babies anytime soon. Wait until you can afford a 24 hours Nanny.

Love ya
Ems

Anonymous said...

Hey Jules,

Great news about the raise!! That is so fantastic. It's funny how life seems so much more rewarding once you leave that awful mind-numbing place. Enjoy the wine!!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

YAy! I'm uber excited for you bud! congrats and have a drink for me!

-Sara