Sunday, September 11, 2005

If I die of allergies, does it count as negligent homicide?

Tomorrow, I start my new job. Luckily, for now anyway, my biggest concern about the whole thing is "what am I going to wear?" I'm also pretty pre-occupied by finding some new shoes to wear at this new job, because I will be on my feet a lot, and thus won't be able to wear heels. I think that after work tomorrow I will do a little shopping.

I'm pretty sure Sexy Boyfriend is trying to kill me. I told him to make the plans for what we will do today on my last day of pseudo-unemployed vacation, and this is what he decided: We will take a nice walk along the canal (outside) and stop for a drink or dessert at a cafe on the canal (outside), then we will go to the market (outside) to pick up something for dinner. I couldn't think of anything better to do, so I wasn't able to rebut this suggestion. I give myself about 1/2 an hour before my allergies are raging out of control. Should be a lovely afternoon. Then, he mentions that we should go visit his friends who just had a baby (!!!). I made a face that said "I'm scared", and he quickly said "They have a doggie...." Maybe they won't be home and we won't get to visit them. I would feel better if we went when that baby no longer has that bobbly baby head.

I will let you know how the day ends up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're always looking for an excuse to buy new shoes.
Good luck with the sneezing and bobbly head baby.

-sara

Anonymous said...

Jules,

I know how you feel about the allergies thing. Hope the day goes well and you don't die. Good luck tomorrow and hope you find some comfy shoes.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do great.

ems