Thursday, September 08, 2005

Why Can't I Sleep?

Sometimes, I get really bad insomnia. Usually it happens when I'm stressed out, but sometimes it just randomly happens. It's like I can't turn off my brain, it just keeps going and going about really stupid things to be thinking about at 2am. Like "What will I wear to work on Monday?" and "Maybe the novel I've been working on should be in first person, not third" or "What will I order tomorrow at my breakfast date?". I also get really hot when I can't sleep, so I get up and check the air conditioner like ten times to make sure it's on the "high cool" setting, because not only does Sexy Boyfriend like to trick me by taking his socks off, he likes to turn down the air conditioning when I'm not looking. Why does he have to mess with my head?

My last thought tonight while lying in bed was "Hmm, I wonder if I got paid yet..." to which I immediately hopped out of bed to check online if my account is updated. It is not.

Earlier today, I caught a re-run episode of the original CSI, and both moms from the OC were in the same show!!! (Julie and Kirsten) One played a dominatrix (guess which one) and the other was a crazy lawyer lady. What are the chances that they would both guest-star on the same show, in the same episode, years before being cast in another show together? So weird.

Also, I did the hair dye deed today. It took forever (over two hours!!!) but I think it turned out not so bad this time. Sexy Boyfriend approves, and I have a breakfast date tomorrow with two friends, so we'll see what they think. It's still pretty bright though, which is usually the case for like a week with at-home haircolor. L'Oreal, I guess you win this round.

For those of you wondering, I still did not get paid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your hair looks awesome. I need my hair cute so bad. I'm thinking about cutting it of short. Long enough that i can still put it up of course, but still short.

-sara
ps. i also had teh worst night sleep of life last night

Jules said...

Your hair is so curly you could trim it yourself and it would look cool.

Regarding you terrible night of sleep - does your roommate snore?