Friday, September 23, 2005

Kids I don't hate

Tonight was Barbie's birthday dinner. Yay!!!! We went to the Red Stick (Baton Rouge), and it really annoys me that they only have round tables. We were a group of 12, so they had to put two tables together, which doesn't work very well with round tables. Plus, when she called for the reservation, they told her "Okay, we can take your group, but we can only give you a maximum of two hours." What the hell kind of restaurant tells a client that? But, the food was great, and the service was pretty good, so it turned out not so bad.

My friend Ems brought her two babies with her to dinner, who are 7 and 3. These two are some of the only kids I've met that don't give me an aversion to having kids of my own one day. The 7 year old is funny, and cool. We stopped at the mall before dinner and she was dancing to the music, but not in a little kid kind of way, but in a cool, smooth hip-hop kind of way, like she was groovin'.

The little guy is much more rambunctious, and has an attitude that is probably typical of little boys - he wants what he wants when he wants it, and he is determined. Once, I babysat them, and he cried for like half an hour cause he wanted more canteloupe, but he had already eaten like half of a melon. But he doesn't whine or cry like a regular kid, he growls. So funny. And he has the appetite of a linebacker - it's like he's never full - but he's so skinny, I don't know what he does with it all. As Sexy Boyfriend said "Hey, any kid who sticks his whole face in a basket of french fries instead of using his hands is okay with me."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Girly,

I am happy that my little ones dind't ruin the evening for everyone. I think they'll stay home next time we all go out though.

-Ems

Anonymous said...

Jules so happy to have seen you even though i barely talked to you last night. we have to get together when u r off. Ems,your kids are so cute and they are as much part of the group than anyone. We had a lot of fun.

jenn
xoxo

Jules said...

Ems, of course the babies didn't ruin dinner - they were excellent!!! Can't wait to see you guys again!!!

Anonymous said...

Jules

I had a great time last night. We have got to do it again soon. We`ll try to find a place that doesn`t have round tables. And Ems, we all love your kids! Everyone was so happy they were there. YAY.
Barb