Friday, September 16, 2005

My Worthless Opinion on Fall TV Part 2

The ABC fall lineup looks pretty dismal. Last year, they go lucky with Lost, and Desperate Housewives, and even luckier with mid-season replacement Grey's Anatomy, but this year doesn't look very exciting at all. Here are my least favorite new releases from ABC:

1. NightStalker - apparently this is a re-make show, and it stars Stuart Townsend (Charlize Theron's pseudo-hubby), and Gabrielle Union. It's about a reporter who investigates strange crime and phenomena that are supernatural in nature because his wife died mysteriously. It sounds kinda like the X-files, vigilante-style, mixed with the Fugitive's "Who killed my wife?" premise. I hate shows with an on-going goal (Who killed my wife?) because eventually either a) you find out who did it, and then things get boring, or b) you don't find out who did it, and it gets annoying and boring. I'm already bored.

2. Invasion - a show about alien invasion. More X-files inspired drama. I like aliens as much as the next person, but when you're talking alien invasion, you're more talking 3-night mini-series than 10-season run. Eventually, those aliens are gonna getcha, and probably sooner than later. Unless the characters from this show hide out on the "Lost" island, I don't foresee them being around come February.

3. Freddie - I feel bad for Freddie Prinze Jr. He seems like a nice guy. The show's premise doesn't even seem that stupid. But by god, when you team up with a former member of 90210(Brian Austin Green, now calling himself just Brian Green), you can't be expecting much. And I highly doubt Green is very funny. Unless he's pretending to be ghetto, like he was doing there a few years ago, but that wasn't funny on purpose.

4. Commander in Chief - You should not try to rival a great show like The West Wing. One president is enough on TV, whether real or fictional, and between September and June, I only want to see Martin Sheen, and with any luck, Jimmy Smits will be replacing him. Plus, the idea of a female president is great, however I don't really buy Geena Davis as a female, let alone the president, so....

Soon to come, which new NBC shows you should avoid, from my un-informed point of view.

No comments: